Have questions on choosing the right RT box pad? Click the red question mark.
Three Phase Box Pad (Catalog Page)
Features & Benefits:
- Nordic Fiberglass RT (Reinforced Top) series box pads for three phase transformers, available in 18” and 36” heights, are designed for strength without excessive weight.
- They are produced of fire-retardant resin and a combination of chopped glass spray-up and hand lay-up using 18 ounce woven roving glass reinforcement.
- Multiple layers of chopped glass and woven roving glass are used to encapsulate plywood and 2x6’s, thus providing a rigid mounting surface for the transformer oil tank.
- The down-turned lip around the top opening provides additional support for the weight of the transformer.
- On the 36” high box pads, the steps are reinforced with 2x4’s, which are completely encapsulated in additional layers of chopped glass and woven roving glass. Vertical ribs are molded in below the steps for added strength.
- The height of the box pads allows for excellent cable training and cable mobility for most three-phase transformers.
- The box pads are spacious enough to accommodate looping of extra cable.
- No costly forms to set up, no cement needs to be poured, the fiberglass box pads reduce installation time by being built ready to go.
- In case of elbow failure, the extra looped cable enables the line person to use the extra slack for installing a new elbow.